Jenny Saville

Jenny Saville


Image result for jenny saville


Jenny Saville was born on 7th of May 1970 in Cambridge, England. Jenny Saville paints nude figures that are often obese, contorted and deformed which contrasts the idealised portraits of women. The style of her work is often linked to works by Lucien Freud and Peter Paul Rubens. Saville often paints her portraits from a critical observation of people in everyday life such as; at shopping walls, liposuction patients and her childhood piano teacher. I researched Jenny Saville during my life drawing classes which I really enjoyed and I think that the perspectives of her work are often grotesque but creative. I like Jenny Saville's work and I think that her work would also be seen as controversial as she paints obese figures and transvestites. I like how she creates closeups and layers her work on top of each other.

Comments

Popular Posts