Victoria Semykina

Victoria Semykina

victoria_antolini__shells201345036_700hi
Open shell


Victoria Semykina is an illustrator and fine artist who has been working in the field of editorial, advertising and book illustration since 2005. Victoria Semykina has achieved several awards for her illustrations that are characterised by versatile creative thinking, diverse fine art techniques and sophisticated finishing. Victoria Semykina was born in Moscow where she studied painting for six years at the Art Academy.  Her strong passion for ships propels Victoria to spend considerable time at her shipyard working on the realisation of her dream, which is to sail around the world in her largest paper vessel. I picked this illustrator to look at because I really like her water based illustrations. I like how she has focused on illustrations based on the seawater and ponds. For my world of water project, we have been focusing on sea shells, fish and seaweed I also want to look at ponds and the wildlife surrounding ponds. I have found many illustrators who actually live by wildlife and draw them from observation. I do want to go out and draw different types of waters and see which I prefer and what I want to base my final piece off of. I have been looking at paper sculptures and using paper to construct fish and shells. Victoria Semykina actually made a pop up shell, which looks like a normal shell from the outside and when it is open you can see a person swimming in the ocean. I think that the construction is really cool and innovative.




Comments

Popular Posts